Mar 6, 2020
This is a great opportunity to introduce elementary school kids to the wonders of science! We have two area schools with whom you can volunteer.
Ray Elementary School, 5631 S. Kimbark (near Medici)
- You and another person will lead a lesson plan independently; the lesson plan has already designed, all materials on site. There will not be a teacher present.
- Tuesdays & Thursdays, 4:00-5:00pm, starting on March 19th -- please plan on arriving 20 minutes to set up!
- You can sign up for as few, or as many, slots as you would like. Each timeslot/date has a designated, already developed lesson plan.
- We can take as many as 3-4 volunteers per lesson, but please try to volunteer for open lessons, before signing up for lessons that already have at least one volunteer.
Kozminski Community Academy, 936 E. 54th Street (at Ingleside)
- You will be assisting a teacher to lead lesson plans!
- Mondays & Wednesdays, 3:00-4:00pm -- please plan on arriving 20 minutes to set up!
- The lesson plan order is up to the teacher; she will contact you. Although you will sign up without knowing the exact lesson plan for that day, we can assure you that all of them are equally fun!
- You can sign up for as few or as many slots as you would like.
If you are interested in volunteering, ACT QUICKLY and take the next steps:
- Sign up for slots on our Signup Sheet by Tuesday, March 10th. Descriptions of the lesson plans are on the 2nd sheet.
- Attend a short but mandatory training session (<30 min!!!). Three options:
- Tues, March 10, 5:00pm in Regenstein 206
- Wed, March 11, 6:00pm in Regenstein 206
- Thurs, March 12, 6:00pm -- DIGITAL! PM
If you want to volunteer but can't make any of these sessions, email email@example.com, and we will find another time for you.
3. Register with CPS if you haven't already. Important -- you are a Level II volunteer