The Committee on Evolutionary Biology (CEB) welcomes applications from students interested in pursuing interdisciplinary doctoral training in evolutionary biology. CEB is in the Division of the Biological Sciences. Applications are processed through the Division’s Office of Graduate Affairs.
If you are considering applying to the Ph.D. program in the Committee on Evolutionary Biology, here are some suggestions to prepare and strengthen your application:
- Review CEB program requirements and BSD admissions information
- Browse the list of our faculty and trainers, and identify the laboratories most aligned with your research interests
- Reach out and contact these professors, asking whether they are planning on taking students, and to explore research opportunities in their labs
- Contact current and previous lab members, to gather useful information on life in that laboratory, the career outcomes of alumni, and expectations for graduate students
- Consider applying for independent fellowships. For example, many of our applicants apply to the NSF GRFP, which provides three years of financial support
- If you have questions about the program, please contact us!